Saturday, November 22, 2008

Eleven Minutes

Oh, what poetry does pain bring.
The words inspired by misfortune and grief
seem to flow onto the page
with such ease
the writer holding the pen
so that the words themselves are so beautiful.
The tortured soul pouring out all
onto a page of indifference they run.
Pain so personal so real spills out,
the reader reaches into the page,
takes my pain as their own
feels the empathy-such is the way.
Still the pain doesn't go away.
Life distracts us mostly from the futility of it all.
Until, one moment shatters all the false joy.
Reminding me once again of my pain.
Eleven...

6-23-02

8 comments:

Bobby Ozuna said...

Why this title Jessie??? Do tell....

Jessie O. said...

I was fighting for custody of my two daughters, at the time, 8 and 10 I believe, and I had them for the weekend, court ordered. On the way to drop them off at home, we stopped at Wendy's for a frosty. We were Eleven minutes late dropping them off and I was well informed on how late I was. So there is the truth of it.

Bobby Ozuna said...

I like it...great concept...and great title...

Jessie O. said...

Yeah, I saw a book browsing through the blogs, I believe entitled Eleven, and it prompted me to post that one. I am gonna look it up again, and try to order it.

Jessie O. said...

Oh, I remember, I was looking at your blog, imagine that, and I saw your list of books and I read a few pages of the book Eleven Minutes. I totally brain farted. That is your favorite author. Cool. Weird how stuff works out. now I gotta get that book.

Bobby Ozuna said...

Jessy:
11 Minutes is a very good read... Paul Coelho has a way of digging deep into the emotional psyche...and really revealing a lot about the human struggle to survive.

Jessie O. said...

It's funny how stuff works. At the time I wrote that peice I wasn't aware of the book, but I think it is really ironic how the poem and the way you describe the book are the same. That intense pain that comes with human struggles.You should read one of my earlier posts too. I think you'll like it.
It is the Untitled form 2001, if you haven't already looked at it, please, tell me what you think.

Bobby Ozuna said...

I shall look at that poem for you...
:)